The Scholarship Committee is responsible for screening applicants and awarding college scholarships to High School students based on academic achievement and interest in engaging in environment enhancing studies.
For Scholarship School Year 2018/2019
On August 7, 2018 the WIWL Board approved a Resolution authorizing the Committee to proceed with updating the procedures and application for the award of up to six $1,000 scholarships in May of 2019. (See Resolution on the Management Decisions Page)
The tentative schedule is as follow:
1. Sept. 2018: Contact local area schools and announce to the public the continuance of the program for award in May 2019.
2. Oct.-Dec. 2018: Update procedures and application.
3. Jan. 2019: Release application to the public and local schools.
4. April 15, 2019: Deadline for receipt of applications.
5. April 15-30, 2019: Review and evaluate applications.
6. May 7, 2019: Make recommendations to WIWL Board of Directors.
7. May 16,2019: Award presentation at WIWL Membership Meeting to successful candidates.
For additional information please contact the Scholarship Committee through Ray Palladino at firstname.lastname@example.org